My ex-students will testify to my passion for the Person-centred approach to counselling and the importance of embodying the core conditions (link).
In addition, I have trained in the approach to body therapy developed by Nick Totton: Embodied Relational Therapy (link).
Whilst I value the insights of a psychodynamic approach (how our early history influences our adult relationships) and the Cognitive Behavioural approach (reprogramming our thinking and behaviour), I believe that, without a nurturing relationship and ways of accessing pre-verbal issues, other forms of therapy can only go so far.
- 2014-15: ERThWorks
- Wild Therapy
- 2011-13: ERThWorks
- Advanced Diploma in Embodied-Relational Therapy
- 1996/98: University of Bristol
- MSc Counselling (Supervision and Training)
- 1988/90: University of Manchester
- Certificate in Counselling (equivalent to Advanced Diploma)
- 1980/81: Bristol Polytechnic, Avon
- Diploma in Careers Guidance
- 1974/78: Coventry College of Education, West Midlands
- Certificate of Education
- BEd (Hons) University of Warwick
Registered Member of British Association for Psychotherapy and Counselling (BACP)